Back To Studio

Opabin, 20x20, acrylic painting by Tatjana Mirkov-Popovicki



It's that time of the year. Some go back to school, and some go back to the studio. In any case, with the return of rain and cold weather, the appeal of indoor activities is back too.

It's a good time to review the art supplies and make sure everything is in order for the long mornings or evenings in front of the easel.

A good supply of favorite brushes? Check!
A variety of canvasses and panels? Check!
Pigments in all the glorious seasonal colors! Check!



At the beginning of every year I promise myself that this would be the year when I am ahead of the game, having the seasonal landscapes painted ahead of time, so that the pieces are finished and ready at the beginning of each season.

I have not yet managed to do this, and now I know why.

I paint from inspiration, not from some production plan. I just can't help it. In spring, I am inspired by the juicy rebirth of the nature. In summer, I revel in the gifts of our beaches and parks. In the fall, I want to paint the landscape transformed by golden colors of turning leaves. And winter scenery is graced by snow and ice. The natural cycle is important to me and it's apparently important to my muses as well. So, I give up - I shall paint what transpires outside!

Here are some examples of my paintings which illustrate obsession with the change of seasons.


 http://mirkov-popovicki.com/available/



The work in progress piece on the easel is no exception. This gorgeous place is well worth visiting. You can find the spot just off the Crowsnest Highway, a few kilometers east of Princeton, It is called Wolf Creek.  The water of the creek is so brilliantly green and seductive, you can't possibly miss it.






If you are looking for a satisfying road trip where you can soak in the rich colors and textures of the fall, I recommend driving the loop from Vancouver to Okanagan via route 3, and back via Coquihalla highway. Don't forget to bring your good camera!

Happy autumn!

Tatjana

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to force things. Going with the flow, with your inspiration, what tweeks you at the moment, all makes good art!

    ReplyDelete