Make Art - Show Art - See Art - Buy Art


Taylor Meadows First Snow, 24x30, acrylic painting by Tatjana Mirkov-Popovicki


I was recentrly asked why I write this blog. It's an easy question to answer.  The purpose of this blog is to keep reminding people just how much art contributes to the quality of our lives.

Any way we let art into our life is good.

From those who make art to make living, to those who start making art later in life, seriously or as a hobby, to those who collect art, those who facilitate the art world, and those who just enjoy seeing art.

Every single one of us is gifted by it.

My dear late friend Bob Genn used to talk about the great brotherhood and sisterhood of artists, and I have no doubts that all types or art lovers have a honorary membership in it. I've always felt intensely connected with all artful souls, and that connection is what I am trying to nurture with this blog.

I guess what I'm saying is - you and I are one of us!



My wonderful hubby, always thrilled to participate in art adventures!



Here is another delightful moment from the world of art that I'd like to share with you. It's provided by the Grant Berg Gallery in Grande Prairie, Alberta. Ever since Grant opened this fine art gallery, his enthusiasm has been shining on everyone involved in it. He makes everything easy and he is always kind and supportive. I am grateful to be a part of it. I just wish I knew how to hang paintings so perfectly!


Paintings by Tatjana Mirkov-Popovicki in the Grant Berg Gallery in Grande Prairie, AB

Another artful delight is the annual Federation of Canadian Artists Signaure Medal Show, now on display in the FCA Gallery on Granville Island in Vancouver, BC. My painting Larch Valley is a part of it, but there is a lot more to see there. The show is on between November 29 - December 23.

Stay warm, dry, and artful!

Tatjana

2 comments:

  1. Tatjana, thank you for writing your blog. I follow it regularly through your email list. I love to see what you are creating. What you said is so true! I am an artist and as i work alone in my studio i often think of other artists out there doing the same thing at the same time and there is a fellowship of sorts. It is comforting. Your art is terrific. I love it. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ross! What a heartwarming, uplifting blog you have! Thanks so much for stopping by to comment. I am happy to hear that you enjoy reading my posts. Fellowship, indeed!

      Delete