Special Places

Photo of Seven Veils Falls, Lake O'Hara - I took this photo from the top of the Big Larch Trail


We all have those special places which keep inspiring us time and again. Last weekend I went to one of those special places, Lake O'Hara Park in the Yoho National Park, on the BC side of the Canadian Rockies. This place exudes an amazing creative energy. Shapes of rocks seem designed by a master sculptor and the arrangement of lakes and glaciers is next to none.



Huber Ledges Trail


It's not easy to get here. It took 210 phone call attempts to get through to the reservations and secure a camping spot for three nights. But it's well worth the effort, and three nights are more than enough. The beauty of the landscape is so intense that a short visit feels just right. My creative brain is now saturated with visual stimuli and creative joy. I can't wait to start working on new paintings!


 Here are a few examples of paintings I made after my previous visits to the lake O'Hara Park.


Lake O'Hara, 24x30, acrylic painting by Tatjana Mirkov-Popovicki, available in the Lando Gallery in Edmonton, AB




Opabin Lake, 30x30, acrylic painting by Tatjana Mirkov-Popovicki, available




Cascade Lakes, 24x30, acrylic painting by Tatjana Mirkov-Popovicki, available




I hope you get to visit your favorite places this summer to get inspired for months to come!


I have news!







I just shipped three big boxes full of brand new paintings to the Studio Connexion Gallery in the beautiful Nakusp, BC. They will be featured in a solo exhibit in the second half of August, with an opening on Friday, August 18. If you are in the area, I would love to see you there! Stay tuned for more information about this event!



A sneak peek at a work in progress for the Nakusp exhibit. I'll share the completed painting with you soon.

Happy high summer!

Tatjana

No comments:

Post a Comment