|Mountain Lupine, Wild Flowers, Alpine Meadley, Indian Paintbrush, 16x16, original acrylic paintings by Tatjana Mirkov-Popovicki|
This summer was long and scalding hot, but it sure was not lazy. It was packed by traveling to artsy destinations, painting, framing, shipping, and attending art events.
After an extended period swarming with art activities, it's important to look back and acknowledge all the joy and hard work which needed to be done for all these lovely things to happen.
It's also important to thank all the wonderful collaborators and art lovers who made this summer exceptional.
- Beaumont Gallery staff, artists, and visitors who participated in the West Coast Homeland art show. The opening reception was a nice small affair, perfect to make new and meet old friends.
- 2017 Pacific North West Plein Air artists, Maryhill Museum of Art staff and volunteers. The entire event was magnificent!
- Lake O'Hara Trails Club for maintaining one of the most inspiring parks in the Canadian Rockies. Another thank you goes to my hubby for being persistent and phoning the reservations until he was able to secure a camping spot for us this year.
- Kilby Plein Air Event staff, volunteers, participating artists, and visitors, some of whom turned out to be wonderful like-minded souls. What's not to love about spending a weekend on a picture perfect farm and making new friends?
- Charming owners of The Studio Connexion Gallery in gorgeous Nakusp, BC. Perfect location, beautiful art, and very special people. The experience was fantastic and several of my paintings found permanent homes.
- Grant Berg Galleries for expanding representation of my work to the lovely Kananaskis and finding more walls for my art.
- White Dog Studio who took exceptional care of my paintings over years of fruitful collaboration.
- Buckland Southerst Gallery and Lando Gallery for being supportive and encouraging of my artistic development over many years.
- My wonderful art collectors for including my art in your lovely homes and offices!
- All the amazing art friends for making the art world a better place!
I hope you liked my Oscars' speech! Just to make sure I don't miss anyone, if you are reading this blog post, you are one of the people I want to thank, just for being here, loving art, taking the time to read this and look at my art.
I wish everyone a gentle transition into the next season and many successes, however, you choose to define them!